Keeping your bowling green in great condition throughout the season is a big challenge and takes a lot of knowledge and effort to get the best results.
Bowling clubs don’t always have a full-time greenkeeper working on their bowling green, however, members and visitors still expect a great playing surface throughout the season.
How We Keep Your Green Looking Great
- Scarify to remove dead and dying material and let in air to stimulate growth
- Aeration is essential to grass health to get air and water to the roots
- Ensure you’re mowing your green regularly during the summer
- Adjusting mower settings to suit the conditions and season
- Monitor for any signs of disease, infection or general deterioration
- Prepare for and deal with the impact of inclement weather, including flooding
- Fertiliser supplies nutrients to the grass plants to help them grow healthily
- Top Dressing in the Autumn to finish off the Autumn renovation
- Apply quality grass seed after aerating and before top dressing
- Keep your green well watered in dry weather, utilising an irrigation system.
Advice and Assistance From Maintenance Experts
If you don’t have the resources to take care of all aspects of ongoing bowling green maintenance, Sports Turf Services can advise and assist you, ensuring your club’s green is in fantastic shape throughout 2017.
For more information or to arrange a free, no obligation consultation and quote get in touch with us today.