Maintaining your club’s bowling green to keep it in great condition can be very challenging, it takes specialist knowledge and effort to get the best results.
It’s not always possible to have a full-time greenkeeper working on your bowling green, however, members and visitors still expect a great playing surface throughout the season.
Our Top Tips For Pristine Greens
- Scarify to remove dead and dying material and let in air to stimulate growth.
- Aeration is essential to grass health to get air and water to the roots.
- Ensure regular mowing of your green during the summer.
- Adjusting mower settings to suit the conditions and season.
- Monitor for any signs of disease, infection or general deterioration.
- Prepare for and deal with the impact of inclement weather, including flooding.
- Fertilise to supply nutrients to the grass plants, ensuring healthy growth.
- Top Dressing in the Autumn to finish off an Autumn renovation
- Apply quality grass seed after aerating and before top dressing
- Keep your green well watered in dry weather, utilising an irrigation system.
Bowling Green Advice and Assistance
If you don’t have the resources to take care of your ongoing bowling green maintenance, Sports Turf Services can advise and assist you as far as is required, ensuring your club’s green is in fantastic shape.
For more information or to arrange a free, no obligation consultation and quote get in touch with us today.