Bothwell Bowling Club Renovation
Original Bowling Green
Bankings Dug Out
“During the winter months of 2016 into 2017 Sports Turf Services completed an excellent renovation of the green and its immediate surroundings at Bothwell Bowling Club.
STS undertook to :
- Dig out and remove the existing grass bankings around the green and take away all excess materials that cannot be used in preparation of the new bankings
- Prepare the new banking foundations in line with appropriate building standards and quality systems
- Install high density blockwork to provide new bankings and fit with deflector wood to blockwork
- Remove the existing pipework for the sprinklers system and reinstate new piping and install new sprinkler heads to the green
- Replace the ditch and bankings with artificial grass product to the specification, criteria and standard as laid down by Bowls Scotland and supply and fit rink markers and numbers and ditch liners.
- Update the entrance / exit to the green for bowlers in line with all modern equality and safety legislation
- Level out the edging on and across the full green so that the green complies with Bowls Scotland specifications
- Replace the 3 x 2 slabbing around the green with monoblock
- All waste material was removed from the club at no extra cost
STS carried out all of this work in the timescale agreed and have transformed a rather shabby green into a green which not only looks great but plays great as well.
I have no hesitation in recommending STS.
Bothwell Bowling Club President 2016-2017″