Although play on your bowling greens stops over the winter it is important to carry out periodic checks and minimal maintenance on your greens.
Winter maintenance should include:
- Keeping an eye out for any breakouts of disease.
- Continue mowing greens at winter mowing height
- Regularly brush greens to keep the surface clean and open to the elements.
- Switching greens to reduce dew avoiding a disease conducive environment.
Maintenance & Advisory Services
Your bowling green maintenance team from STS will provide ongoing advice and a schedule of maintenance for the duration of the season from one dedicated greenkeeper for your club. This ensures they have a thorough understanding of your green and can keep your green looking and playing great.
Your programme of maintenance consists of product application and machine maintenance, including scarification and aeration. You will also receive regular, detailed progress reports during every visit and our advisor and greenkeeper will discuss all aspects of work with you.
Having our team take care of the entire maintenance process for you means one less thing to worry about whilst running your club. Even better is to have this all in place in advance so you can plan ahead together with us to ensure a great 2016 for members, old and new, and visitors to your club.
Why Choose STS?
- We guarantee you an experienced and certificated dedicated greenkeeper assigned to your bowling club. This means you have one consistent point of contact who takes full responsibility for your maintenance service.
- All members of our green-keeping team have extensive experience in bowling green maintenance across dozens of bowling clubs throughout Scotland. This experience ensures our team will have an answer to any problem they are presented with.
- Our agreements are tailored to suit your specific requirements and budget so that you get the most appropriate service for your club at the best possible price.
- You will not be surprised with any additional charges further down the line for the agreed upon services, the price we agree upon is the price you will pay.
- The agreement is paid for on a monthly basis over the course of the year so that the payment is manageable and you can plan ahead financially.
We are confident we will have your greens looking fantastic from the first day of the bowling season to the last. Please get in contact today to arrange a free consultation and quote.